October 3, 2022
Baltimore Orioles – Felix Bautista is still day to day with some knee soreness, so the Orioles gave Sunday’s save chance to Dillon Tate, who converted for his 5th save of the season.
Hierarchy remains: *Bautista | Tate | Perez.
* = closer-by-committee
Miami Marlins – The fifth man out of the bullpen for the Marlins in Sunday’s 12-inning affair was Tanner Scott, and the lefty managed to strand the automatic runner and pick up his 20th save of the season. Dylan Floro remains the best bet for saves in the season’s final series.
Hierarchy remains: Floro | Scott | Bleier.
Houston Astros – Ryan Pressly got Sunday off after throwing 27 pitches on Saturday, allowing Rafael Montero to pick up his 14th save of the season.
Hierarchy remains: Pressly | Montero | Neris.
VULTURE SAVE WATCH
1. Yimi Garcia – Jordan Romano has gone back to back and the Jays are unlikely to use him for three straight having recently clinched a playoff spot.
2. AJ Minter – Kenley Jansen and Raisel Iglesias have gone three straight.
3. Andrew Chafin – Gregory Soto has gone back to back.
4. Dillon Tate – If Felix Bautista still can’t go, Tate could get another save chance.
1. Taylor Rogers – If Devin Williams goes today, it’s three of four.
2. James Karinchak – If Emmanuel Clase goes today, it’s back to back and three of four.
3. Adam Ottavino – If Edwin Diaz goes today, it’s back to back, and it seems unlikely he’d go three straight unless the Mets’ Tuesday game actually matters.
4. Wil Crowe – If David Bednar goes today, it’s back to back.
5. Kendall Graveman – If Liam Hendriks goes today, it’s back to back and four of five.