June 8, 2019
Colorado Rockies — Wade Davis returned from the IL to pitch the ninth inning in a four-run game. He gave up a pair of hits, but no runs. Davis returns right back to the top of this hierarchy, while Scott Oberg and Bryan Shaw will slide back to their earlier spots.
Updated hierarchy: Davis | Oberg | Shaw.
Philadelphia Phillies — As expected, Seranthony Dominguez became the seventh Phillies reliever to hit the IL. The news isn’t looking good for Dominguez’s return, either, as he likely needs Tommy John surgery. Last night’s late innings went according to the team’s new plan, as Vince Velasquez struck out two in a clean eighth inning before giving the ball to Hector Neris for the save.
Hierarchy remains: Neris | Velasquez | Hammer.
VULTURE SAVE WATCH
1. Nick Wittgren — Brad Hand has pitched in three of the last four, but he has managed to keep his pitch count low (32 pitches).
2. Taylor Rogers — Blake Parker has only pitched in two of three, but he’s thrown 48 pitches in that span.
3. Wander Suero — Sean Doolittle pitched last night and has gone in five of seven. He will need a rest day sometime soon.
4. Vince Velasquez — Hector Neris has pitched in three of four.
1. Wily Peralta — Today would be back-to-back appearances and three of four for Ian Kennedy.
2. Anthony Bass — Today would be three outings in a row for Roenis Elias.