September 30, 2015
Chicago White Sox — Matt Albers has quietly put together a streak of 21.1 scoreless innings since Aug. 5, which is the longest active streak in baseball. He earned his fourth hold in as many appearances on Tuesday, and has now moved ahead of Zach Duke.
Updated Hierarchy: Robertson | Jones | Albers.
Philadelphia Phillies — While Ken Giles is the only Philadelphia reliever worth having in your lineup at this point, if you’re looking for a couple extra holds this week, Dalier Hinojosa may be an option. A September call-up, Hinojosa has a 1.29 ERA this month, and has lowered his overall ERA to just 0.90 thanks to six straight scoreless appearances. Meanwhile, Jeanmar Gomez has entered a game with his team ahead since Sept. 12.
Updated hierarchy: Giles | Garcia | Hinojosa.
VULTURE SAVE WATCH (DOUBLEHEADER EDITION)
1. Joakim Soria, Pittsburgh Pirates – The Pirates and Cardinals play a doubleheader, so Mark Melancon may not pitch both games….
2. Kevin Siegrist, St. Louis Cardinals – …and the same goes for Trevor Rosenthal.
3. Darren O’Day, Baltimore Orioles – The O’s have a doubleheader as well, and Zach Britton has recently dealt with a sore lat.
4. Aaron Sanchez/Brett Cecil, Toronto Blue Jays – The Jays face Baltimore twice on Wednesday with a chance to clinch the division.
5. Bryan Shaw, Cleveland Indians – The Tribe and the Twins will play two on Wednesday.
6. Glen Perkins, Minnesota Twins – See above.