May 23, 2017
Cincinnati Reds — Michael Lorenzen got the eighth inning ahead of Raisel Iglesias on Monday, and has allowed only one run in his last 12.1 IP. Drew Storen has been solid on the season as well, though less consistent in May (5 ER in 7 IP), and his last six appearances have come with the Reds either losing or tied. It’s possible he’s still Iglesias’s handcuff, given his prior closing experience but, for now, we’ll give the nod to Lorenzen.
Updated hierarchy: Iglesias | Lorenzen | Storen.
VULTURE SAVE WATCH
1. David Hernandez — Bud Norris has gone in back-to-back games and threw 35 pitches yesterday.
2. Adam Warren — Dellin Betances and Tyler Clippard have both gone back-to-back; Joe Girardi tends to shy away from using relievers in three straight games before the All-Star Break.
1. Arodys Vizcaino/Jose Ramirez — Jim Johnson, Vizcaino, and Ramirez all pitched yesterday and have gone in three of four. Anyone who goes tonight is likely out tomorrow; monitor the game to see who’ll be available.
2. Michael Lorenzen — If Raisel Iglesias goes today, it’ll be back-to-back and four of five.
3. Chris Devenski/Will Harris — If Ken Giles goes today, it’ll be three straight.